Living in sunny California means you have to roll with the punches that come with the heat. Once again California is in a drought and experts are urging Californians to start conserving water as best as they can. Conserving water will not only get us through this drought but will also make your wallet happy.
Advantage Property Services is focused on following rigorous safety standards to better the environment. We want to help you make a difference with these tips to help you save water.
- Try using half as much of the water you use when showering by cutting your shower time in half. A 5-minute shower versus a 10 minute shower can save gallons of water!
- If you cannot handle the idea of shorter showers a conservation friendly shower head can help you save water while allowing you to take those long warm showers.
- Instead of using your hose to spray water and clean your driveway, use a broom to clean off the dirt and dust.
- If your faucet has a steady drip fix the worn washers in the faucet and save around 350 gallons a month.
- Test your bathroom for leaks by putting a drop of food coloring in the tank. Wait a few minutes to see if any color has leaked into the bowl.
- Instead of running water while washing your dishes, let your pots and pans soak in the sink with soap and warm water.
- Try and water your plants when it is cooler outside. Watering your plants in the morning or later in the evening can help you save about 25 gallons of water.
Advantage Property Services is a general contracting service in Corona, California working with state of the art equipment. We are happy to help clients with any construction and home maintenance services. Contact us today for any of your indoor or outdoor construction needs.